Monday, August 3, 2015

BB/HG Crossover Chapter Three

Yup. This might have taken over my monday character love spot for now. Not that I mind. x) Enjoy!!

--Rebecca
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cecil
I wasn’t really sure what to make of the girl who joined us. Vil seemed to have accepted Fedora’s company, but I was still kinda back at the part where she tried to murder me. I trusted Vil, though, so I tried to follow his lead on this. Still, every time I found her eyes looking towards me, mine quickly darted away.
“You know, you’ve been even more jumpy than usual,” my brother commented the next morning while Fedora was gone getting water. “Something wrong?”
I shrugged, scuffing at the ground with my shoe. “How... how much do you trust that girl?”
“Fedora?” He shrugged. “Enough. She won’t kill us in our sleep right now. Why?” He nudged my shoulder. “Is that what you’re worried about?”
My mouth twitched upward, but then I shook my head. “It’s not that, Vil.”
“Then what?”
I shook my head again and stared at the ground. It was that allies weren’t a good idea--not now. Even if we could trust her, this was the Games. Eventually, two of us would have to die so that the other one would live.
I was already facing that predicament with my brother, and I really didn’t like the idea of throwing in some random girl.
“Cec,” Vil began, but he didn’t get to finish because just then Fedora returned with her bottle of water--only she wasn’t walking as she’d been before. She was running top-speed, though somehow still managing to not make a sound.
“Are you okay?” Vil asked, as she paused, hands on her knees, to actually breathe for a second. “What in the--”
“Why are you two still standing there? Run, idiots!”
“From what?
She straightened up, and even though I got the feeling she could still barely breathe properly, rolled her eyes and said, “Okay, I can see you boys are new to this, but seriously, when you see someone come crashing out of the woods with an expression of terror on their faces, it’s not really the time to ask questions. You simply grab your things and continue running in whatever direction they are.”
A loud rumbling noise punctuated the end of her sentence. “What’s that?” I asked, the freeze already starting in my feet.
That,” Fedora said, as she sprinted off again, “is what I was running from.”
I peered back into the trees, but still couldn’t see it--whatever it was. However, it was loud enough that Vil and I both decided actually seeing the threat was not necessary to understanding that it was, in fact, a threat, and as I shook off my freeze, the two of us took off, crashing through the woods behind Fedora.
Unfortunately, I’d always been the slower of us two and as I began to fall back, I could hear the rumbling noise getting louder, almost like the engine of a car, and I started to feel vibrations beneath my feet as if something very, very large was charging through the woods towards us.
As the noises drew nearer, I made the mistake of looking behind me.
It was officially the ugliest thing I’d ever seen: an absolutely massive Persian cat, half the size of your average building, staring down at me as it’s smashed-in face homed in on mine. It’s eyes glinted green and it opened its mouth, revealing rows of teeth as long as Vil’s club and as sharp as any of the Capitol-provided knives.
It leaned closer. I ground to a halt. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t--
“Come on, Cec!” Suddenly, my brother was grabbing me by the back of my shirt and dragging me through the woods along behind him as the giant cat continued to chase us.
Even after I got my legs to work again, I stumbled over everything--my own two feet included--because I couldn’t take my eyes off the thing. As much as it terrified me, as much as the thought of those teeth piercing my body made me want to freeze again, it was also sort of... insane. Insane, and ridiculous. What kind of crazy people did our Gamemakers have to be to send giant housecats after people?
It made a sound that might’ve been a meow, but sounded more like a roar thanks to its increased size.
“Cecil, stop looking at it!” Vil screamed as we continued to run.
Up ahead of us, Fedora had stopped and was staring back at our pursuer. “What are you doing?” Vil asked, slowing only slightly to face her.
“We’re running from a giant cat.”
“No kidding. Let’s keep running, shall we?”
“It’s a giant freaking housecat,” Fedora stated again as she took off again. “We could take it.”
Vil gave her a sideways glance. “If you’d like to try it be my guest.”
“Come on, I thought we were a team.” She somehow managed to smirk while sprinting. “And we can’t run forever.”
Vil took a glance at me, rolled his eyes and said, “Fine. Let’s see about holding off big Muffin.”
A few minutes later, I was watching from the safety of the trees as my brother and Fedora somehow managed to tag-team the enormous beast and literally bring it down to their size.
“Pity,” Vil said, staring down at the body. “It could’ve been a cute pet or something.”
Fedora snorted. “If only it were a lot smaller.”

No comments:

Post a Comment