Sunday, June 21, 2015

One camp done, another to come!

Hello dearest people, Kathryn here!

Wow, I really dropped the ball on posting, didn't I? I had a good blogging chat with the wonderful Alexa, and I hope to put her advice to work. Saturdays will have posts (Especially now that I've realized I can type them up on my phone!)!

On Friday Rebecca and I got back from a week long camp- a missions camp, meaning that instead of playing in the heat of the day, we served others! I was on a different team than my three amigos, which made time with them on campus even better. I'm already missing being with them all the time and missing being in charge of getting where I need to be when I need to.... but I am loving being home.

But that was my last StudentLife camp! I was bummed to realize that, but before camp ended someone said that our mission to share God with others doesn't end when camp does- we are on mission for our entire life. That really touched me, in a facepalm kind of way, and I'm pumped to see how God will have me serve others.

There is another camp coming up that I'm also really excited about- Camp NaNoWriMo!! For those who don't know, NaNoWriMo takes place in November, the national writing month; thus NaNoWriMo, where you write your fingers off for a month to meet your word goal. A couple years ago the folks in charge decided to host NaNoWriMos during the year, and so the camps were born. I was unable to take part in the April one, but I'm totally doing the one coming up in July. Novel baby, I will get you edited yet!

How about you? Got any camps you've come back from this summer,  or ones coming up?

It's been a pleasure,
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment