Thursday, April 16, 2015

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood review (Along with the posting scedule for RFF.)

Hello all!! Rebecca here to start us off on our posting schedule for the blog! Kathryn and I have decided that Thursdays will be reviews done (mainly) by yours truly, Saturdays of whatever-the-heck Kathryn wants to do (Brace for a wild ride- it could be anything from the function of a rubber duck to a really weird thought process. There’s no telling.), and Monday will be Character Day, once again done mainly by me.

Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way, I’m going to start off my reviews with that of an anime I dearly love. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

This show is gold.

The characters are amazing, the plotline is spectacular and well thought out, all of our questions are answered, and the plot twists are fabulous. It’s ended, meaning no new episodes.
http://media.giphy.com/media/1hPYD3gsL8wZa/giphy.gif
Unfortunately.
However, the ending was (Brace for the pun:) a show stopper.
(Yes I had to. Sorry not sorry.)

The reason I know the ending is superb is because I have no soul when shows, books, and movies are involved. I don’t cry during them. Even if I’m sad, which hardly ever happens. But at the end of FMA:B, I was openly weeping. Kathryn can confirm this.

So for the ranking, I’m probably going to put it at 9 stars out of 10, overall.
For character ranking, 10 out of 10.
Plotline, 10 out of 10.
Art is 10 out of 10 as well. (Can you tell I love this anime??)
For family friendliness, I’m probably going to give it 8.5 out of 10 stars. Ed is fond of calling the Father dude “the Bearded Bastard,” and the show doesn’t quite skim over deaths, although they aren’t always graphic, nor is a dead body always shown. Those two tally up the missing whole points, and the half point is taken away by a character at the beginning of the show. I normally wouldn’t think much about it, but her dress is exceptionally lowcut at the top. Not a big deal, but could be potentially awkward, depending on how your family is.

So to sum up how I feel about it, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is the ultimate bae. If shows can be baes.


Thanks for dropping by and I shall see you on Monday, if Kathryn doesn't scare you off!!

2 comments:

  1. LOL, awesome review! Gonna have to add this to my list of shows to watch! Man, that thing's starting to get as long as my TBR....


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know the feeling. Rebecca has a whole line of animes to show me, and my TBR pile grows forever. *Looks sheepishly at stack of library books*

      ~Kathryn

      Delete