Monday, May 25, 2015

Monday has been cancelled

Due to scheduling error.
No I did not make a Welcome to Nightvale reference. Absolutely not a fandom I have recently joined. Nope.

Anyhoo.

I was (Sorry sis-- we were) tagged/nominated by Alex to do the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers thing. Which was kinda good because I may or may not have had no inspiration for character love posts. So off we go! (Kathryn adds: Thank you very much Alex- I've actually been really excited to do something like this. :3)

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhnX7ERFPabuKwnA4qf_AltzdO8V3FACcjMYVkLIHvdw3o9OxkUKQ5ee32TpIpM6R9ZCOR5fTj_WH6bGbWRFspb8c7JqiSnxMP_ovebCZ7a-dOlkB9jgoreRVKshlGU7SYd5lGyBV7j4qw6/s1600/sisterhood-of-the-world-bloggers-award11.jpg

 
Rules:
  1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
  2. Put the Award logo on your blog.
  3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
  4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
  5. Nominate ten blogs.
 
#1 If you were a superhero, what would your costume look like?
R: Oh goodness... Well, I'll start with what my power would be because that would probably heavily influence it. I've been told I could have superspeed or the ability to shapeshift. Both of which would, frankly, be quite awesome. But I'm guessing my power would be something more useless, like the one I slightly already have. I can summon flies, but not control them. Any time I'm anywhere, flies just.... appear. But I can't make them go away or pester someone other than me. Which is unfortunate. So my costume would probably have fly-like themes. Maybe gossamer-ish wings as a cape? Or weird goggles? The bodysuit would probably be a weird grey-brown-ick color.
K: Hmm... something practical and anonymous. No capes. Plus a mask- totally! Gotta keep that secret identity a secret! A full face mask too, not a silly eye mask or anything, and a voice disruptor whatever those things are called.
 
#2 When did you start writing?
R: I... Don't remember. I've written pretty much since I could type, but I don't quite count that, since it was mainly ripoffs up until three or four years ago when I finished my first story.
K: I dabbled in writing since I was a young one, but really the first story I tried to write was a Redwall fanfiction when I was..... 10 years old maybe? I've been writing for about 8 years.
 
#3 Other hobbies besides writing?
R: Reading, drawing, watching too many animes, spending too much time on the computer or online on my phone...
K: Reading right before lights out is good, and I also like to watch tv shows and anime with Rebecca before reading. I play too much on Flight Rising, a sort of pokemon dragon game that is very cool- and along that line, I'm finally getting into video games. I'm enjoying Skyrim (gosh which version am I even playing? The one with the dragonborn.... anyone remember the name??) a lot- so many side quests!
 
#4 Marvel or DC Comics?
R: Marvel. Although there are some DC things I like... For example, the Flash and the Arrow.
K: Honestly, I don't feel like I've been exposed to enough DC Comics stuff to really have an opinion one way versus the other. I'm still pretty new to the super hero world.
 
#5 What’s your favorite character you’ve ever written?
R: Oh lord. Umm, well, I have two that have recently appeared that are amazing but don't actually belong to a story yet. One is kind of clinically insane (She can hear voices of dead people in her head but she's not actually crazy) and the other had a bit of a god complex? So yeah, there's those special ducklings. Then there's the villain in my current story that I have a WHOLE LOT OF FEELS ABOUT because no bby that's not how you do things no hon stop and, of course, there's always the mc I wrote with Alex. Cecil darling is wonderful and special and a unique main character, if I do say so myself.
K: There's a role play character that I wrote for a while called Izza that I've been thinking about lately. Though the role play didn't last she was super fun to play and I'm definitely filing away her information so I can use her again.

#6 Favorite character you’ve ever read?
R:Oh... Umm... Oh gosh... I guess... Michael from the Michael Vey series? He's not my ultimate fav-- I don't know if I have one, to be honest. ^-^;-- but he's still a really good main.
K: How can I choose this? There are so many great ones! How about I give two? Graves from the Strange Angels series- Rebecca's talked about him before- and Sage from The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen. Graves is a precious dear boy who goes with the flow as best as he can and he just cares so much- and then there's Sage, wonderful snarky sassy Sage. Both have a background of hurt and are trying to overcome it, which just increases the love.

#7 Favorite food?
R:ANYTHING SWEET Like.... I love sugar. Oo- or anything sour. Or salty. OH GOODNESS SOUR GUMMY WORMS *Elated gasp* I used to not be able to have them because of my braces but as of a year or two ago I can again and it's AMAZING *Coughs* Erm. Yeh....
K: Mint Moose Tracks. My bae forever. Precious rivers of chocolate in a land of mint... And honestly, vegetarian sausage is surprisingly good.

#8 Favorite TV show?
R: ....Augh. Okay. Probably Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Beautiful plotline, wonderful realistic characters, very relatible on my part. And for my favorite non-anime, probably Agents of Shield. Because yes.
K: Oh no. Don't make me choose. I'm gonna go with one here..... Avatar: The Last Airbender. Wonderfully developed characters, interesting plot, meaningful and thought provoking... plus- and this is silly- they have easily identified fandom signs. It bothers me that Teenwolf has nothing like Doctor Who's TARDIS or BBC Sherlock's scarf, but A:TLA has Aang's arrows and Appa and the various nation's symbols... *sigh of contentment*
 
#9 Which District do you belong to?
R: I honestly think I'd be in 11. Because I'm amazing at climbing trees and I really love doing it.
K: My heart says 4, but my head says the Capital. I can be silly and easily caught up in things, refusing to look at what is right in front of me because I can't handle it.... and I sort of love their fashion, if only they'd tone it down a smidge. Just- that butterfly dress!
 
#10 What’s your OTP? (and yes, you can only have ONE. MWAHAHAHA, yes I am evil!)
 R: Alex, I'm still mad at you for specifying one. *Squints* Anyhoo, my ultimate OTP... I don't know if I have a ship I ship above all other ships. But I think I'll go with Dru and Graves, from Strange Angels. Because they're amazing together and they aren't overly sappy and it just makes sense.
K: Just one? Just one. Okay then. Okay. I have Hunger Games on my mind because of the last question, but even then- Finnick and Annie. Who cares about Team Gale or Team Peeta- I want Team Finnick/Annie! That's all I care about is that ship- right there! *Chokes down spoilers*  
 
Aaaaand since we don't have ten followers, let's do the honor system! If you read this and want to do it, then give it a shot!
And now for our questions!

#1 Favorite soda?
#2 Favorite villain?
#3 Last unfinished book you wrote?
#4 Last book you didn't finish reading and why?
#5 What two animals would you combine into a hybrid and why?
#6 Least favorite hero?
#7 What books did you grow up reading?
#8 Do you have trouble finding character pictures?
#9 Ebook or physical book or both?

#10 Last song you listened to?

 And I guess that's all for today! I'll be posting a review on Thursday, like normal.
Thanks for dropping by!
--Rebecca
~Kathryn (I'll see y'all on Saturday- promise!!!)

1 comment:

  1. LOL, reading this was awesome!
    And Kathryn, your favorite is Marvel. Because Marvel is best. Also, that's the best description of mint moose tracks ever. WE MUST FIND IT AGAIN.
    Yes, Rebecca, Cece-bae is WONDERFUL. *cuddles the sweet darling. Reads the last question and snickers* Yes, be angry with me! Finally I get to be the evil one! :D


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbositybookreviews.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete