Saturday, May 16, 2015

Summer break, we meet at last

Wow, two weeks without a post from me, my apologies dear ones. School really wrapped me around its finger and slung me everywhere. But guess what.... I'm free!!! Kathryn's a free elf now!!

From 3rd grade until high school graduation I was home schooled, and this meant a schedule that went pretty much all year round. School loving me- guess what- actually loved that. Summer break? Spring break? Winter break? What was that? Why even take off that much time?? We took the month off after testing, and then it was back to the grindstone!

But now I'm in college, and let me tell you, my eyes have been opened to the glory of summer break.

I have time to write! I have time to read! I have time to watch tv shows and anime! I can make craft stuff! I don't have to stress about deadlines! Wow! Bring out the confetti folks!

I don't have big plans for this summer, really. I had thought about taking an on-campus summer class, just to test out the residential waters, but meh. I'll take the frigid dive in fall, I don't want to shorten summer beak!

So there's no telling how much I'll actually get done, but I'll enjoy the break... until I start longing for the structure school gives my day. And then I'll call myself an idiot and go edit my story, because that book won't write itself.

Have you glimpsed the glory of summer break, or experienced it's slender? Do you like it, or have no need for it, or wish it was shorter? Do you have any plans for any kind of respite in school?

I'll post again next Saturday!
~Kathryn

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I'm happy for you!
    You know I haven't done summer break much (I think, in my entire life, I've taken... 2?). But I'm sure I'll need it once I start college (whenever I do that)


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbositybookreviews.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete